The Legends Tour Championship
French Lick Resort
September 23-29, 2013
In 2013, women’s professional golf returns to French Lick Resort for the first time since 1960. The Legends Championship will be held on the highly acclaimed Pete Dye Course at French Lick Resort and features Nancy Lopez, Jan Stephenson, Pat Bradley, Beth Daniel, Betsy King, Patty Sheehan, Joann Carner, Rosie Jones, Meg Mallon and all of the greats of women’s golf. These storied players represent more than 650 career tournament wins.
In honor of the Legends Championship, French Lick Resort has planned a week-long tribute to women’s golf, beginning Monday, September 23 with the fourth annual Alice Dye Invitational. This is a popular two-day women’s amateur event filled with great golf, food, and fun. An all-day golf clinic for women will be conducted by the Legends on Wednesday and on Thursday the Pro-Am Sponsor match will be played at the Pete Dye Course. The Legends Championship will be played Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the Pete Dye Course.
Along with golf there will be plenty of opportunities to network and socialize during the week. The opening of the Legends Hall of Fame to be housed in the West Baden Springs Hotel will be celebrated with a reception on Thursday evening and the induction of its first three members. There will be exclusive hospitality tents for top sponsors at the Pete Dye Course as well as hospitality areas at each hotel during the tournament. The title sponsor will receive a reception at West Baden Springs Hotel for up to 100 associates, employees and guests. Other levels of sponsorship will host a reception and have access to hospitality areas.
French Lick Resort is honored to invite your company to participate in this fabulous week-long celebration of women and their contributions to the game of golf. There are a variety of sponsorship levels available that will afford valuable marketing, networking and entertainment opportunities for your employees, clients and guests. Contact French Lick Resort today to declare your sponsorship intentions 888-936-9360.
- The Legends Tour has over 100 members, including 10 World Golf and LPGA Hall of Fame members.
- Legends Tour players have compiled over 650 LPGA victories, including 65 major championships.
- The Legends Tour is in its 12th season and has played for over $9,000,000 in prize money.
- Over $11,000,000 has been awarded to charity through Legends Tour events.
- The Legends Tour has played events all over the world and across the nation. Tournaments have been held in Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Japan and Australia.
- The Legends Tour was founded in 2000 by 25 LPGA Tour veterans who wanted to provide opportunities for professionals 45 and over to continue competing. • For more information about The Legends Tour, log onto the official website, www.thelegendstour.com.