Donation Request Guidelines
French Lick Resort places a strong emphasis on philanthropic giving. We are proud to support nonprofit organizations that build our communities by donating packages to be used in silent auctions or raffles.
The resort has a rich history in health, preservation, education and community development. Because of this, requests from organizations that benefit these four core values are given top priority. Because of the volume of requests we receive, we ask that interested organizations adhere to the guidelines listed below.
- The organization requesting the donation must be a registered 501(c)(3) and have the appropriate documentation at time of request
- The donation request letter should explain the following:
- the name of the event being held
- the date of the event
- how your organization benefits one of our four philanthropic values mentioned above
- name of beneficiary for event; if applies
- phone number or email address of the contact person
- the best mailing address to be used if your request is accepted
- Donation requests must be submitted through the website. (You must agree to these terms at the bottom of the page to access the form.)
- Requests must be received at least 4 -6 weeks before the event date or the deadline of donation submissions.
The following types of requests will not be considered by French Lick Resort:
- For-profit organizations
- Individuals (scholarships, stipends, fellowships, personal assistance, etc.)
- Fundraisers to benefit family members
- Politically-affiliated organizations
- Requests for cash donations
- Individual study, research or travel grants
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, gender, religion or sexual orientation
Please allow a minimum of two weeks for a request to be fully reviewed and a decision to be made.
For accepted requests, a confirmation email is sent to the requester stating the request has been accepted. Within three weeks, a gift certificate will be mailed to the address provided in the original donation request letter.