The Stables at French Lick Resort offers guided trail rides ranging in length from 45 to 90 minutes and pony rides for children under 8 years old. Riders of all skill levels are welcome, and our staff can accommodate guests with special needs. Each guest is matched to a horse that is the best fit for them.
10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
$65 per person for 45 minutes
$110 per person for 90 minutes
Reservations required: (812) 936-9300, ext. 7246
*Children must be 8 years of age to ride horses on trail rides.
Visit The Stables at French Lick Resort for kid-friendly fun! Nothing beats the sights and sounds of children enjoying their first pony ride. All young cowboys and cowgirls receive colorful souvenir bandanas as part of their stables experience. Approximate length of ride is 10 minutes.
Reservations Required: (812) 936-9300, ext. 7246
$25 per child
$35 per child with keepsake photo
The driveway to the Stables at French Lick Resort is located in the back of the self-parking lot of the West Baden Springs Hotel. Follow the signs at the end of the brick drive or take the complimentary French Lick Resort shuttle.
*All rides at The Stables are subject to availability, favorable weather and trail conditions.
• Riders must wear long pants and closed-toe shoes
• Riders under 18 years of age are required to wear riding helmets. Helmets are available at the stables.
• Horses are here for your riding pleasure, but no horsing around, please. Harmful or rough behavior toward the animals is not permitted.
• The staff reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who may pose a risk to themselves, other guests or the horses.
• Please abide by our 260-pound weight limit to avoid injury to horses and guests.
• Expecting mothers are not permitted to ride.
• Selfie sticks are not permitted on trail rides.
Liability forms for adults and minors (17 years and younger) must be completed before any Stables experience at French Lick Resort. To expedite the process, please feel free to click on the links below to download and print the appropriate form(s) and bring them with you before your scheduled activity.
ADULT Liability release (PDF)
MINOR Liability release (PDF)
Download Adobe Reader Free